Level 1 Community Athletics Coach
Sunday 3rd December 2017
Information for Course Participants
To register CLICK HERE
When registering please state:
- Contact Number
Make Payments of $220.00 to:
Account Name: ACT Athletics
Account Number: 03628864
In the description please state (L1CAC your surname)
The Level 1 Community Athletics Coach (L1 CAC) Course is an introductory course for coaches and will allow those participants who successfully complete the course become Nationally Accredited with Athletics Australia (AA). The course is aimed at people who would like to get into coaching, but have either no coaching experience, or very limited coaching experience.
The L1 CAC Course is designed to develop the competencies of coaches in three (3) areas:
1. Practical coaching competence in the general principles: communication, group management, safety, organization and instruction of practical activity.
2. Practical coaching competence in the development of the fundamental skills of the sport: running, jumping and throwing
3. An understanding of the long-term participation needs of the beginning participants in the sport.
1. Participants must be 16 years of age to be accredited as a L1 CAC
2. Complete the ASC Online Course.
There are two components to the L1 CAC Course. A four hour online component and an eight hour face to face component. The scheduled time for the face-to-face component is 9am-5pm.
Note: The online component must be completed prior to attending the face to face component.
The online component is the Australian Sports Commission Coaching General Principles online course found at: http://www.ausport.gov.au/participating/coaches/education/onlinecoach
Note: Participants are required to provide a copy of their Certificate of Completion (incl. certificate number and completion date) to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending the course.
The course fee for the L1 CAC Course in the ACT is $220.00 per person. The course fee includes all resources, your first year of registration with AA (including professional indemnity insurance) and morning tea.
The minimum number of participants to effectively conduct this course is 8 and the maximum number is 16.
Notification of withdrawal from the course in writing or via email:
· Up to 30 days prior to commencement of the Course = full refund
· Up to 14 days prior to commencement of the Course = 50% refund
· Less than 14 days prior to commencement of the course = no refund (other than extenuating circumstances such as death in the family or similar)
Course Participant Resources Each participant attending the L1 CAC course will receive the following resources upon arrival to the course:
· Participants Manual – containing course information and skill analysis
· ASC “Playing for Life and Athletics Play” (CD Rom)
· Athletics Australia “Run, Jump, Throw” (DVD)
What to Bring/Wear
Course participants should bring paper and pen, hats, water bottles, sunscreen, appropriate clothing to allow physical activity (e.g. joggers, shirts that provide protection against the sun).
Morning tea will be provided but participants should bring their own lunch.
For further enquiries or information about the L1 CAC course or any other ACA courses please contact:
Participation and Development Officer
Phone: 02 6247 1276
Mobile: 0400 803 514